Saturday, June 20, 2020

Alien Species Concepts




Still not pictures from today, but much more recent! And all these descriptions will be modern! Exciting!

I just really like drawing aliens. These guys are a part of that! From left to right, top to bottom, we have Alriah, Exe, Sammy, Koteroi, and Tylingo! The crew of a small space ship from a sci-fi story that I've sorta been wanting to write since I was a kid. Haven't gotten to it yet, but maybe I will someday!

A fun fact -- everyone on the bottom row is actually based on creatures I made in Spore when I was young! Anyone remember Spore? I remember Spore. I've read in modern times that most people didn't like it very much, but my gosh, I loved that game. That game was a massive part of my life for several years, and got me into both video games and aliens, and I'm sure it also helped instill a desire to get better at character design, 3D work, and biology. As for the top row, Alriah is from a short story (which was basically just a skin for an exposition dump on the fundamental physics of pulsars) that I wrote in middle-school science. Exe, on the other hand, is just a big photosynthetic dinosaur that I came up with one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment