Saturday, June 20, 2020

"Not Mine"


Any good Warriors fan should remember the fire scene (well, if they read the third series, at least). Such a dramatic, climatic moment that the whole of Power of Three had been building to! And including some of my favorite characters, given how much I love the Holly, Lion, Jay trio. The three all had their own qualms with their mom not really being their biological mom, I think. This is a bit of my own characterization seeping into my read of the scene, but I've always pictured that Hollyleaf was most worried about the lawful implications of the whole thing, Jayfeather was furious at Squirrelflight for lying to them (because we all know that his trust doesn't come easy), and Lionblaze, the big softie that he is, is just worried about how this will affect their relationship and their family. Hopefully, I captured that in their faces!

This drawing was originally supposed to be set after the fire, in a smoky, burned forest. But I didn't do that. I don't actually remember why that change happened (probably just because I like interesting lighting, if I know anything about myself), but it is responsible the fact that Holly and Lion are sitting down in the middle of a fire, because I never bothered to change their poses. So only Jay is really as concerned as he ought to be about this whole "engulfed in fire" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment