Tuesday, May 19, 2020

"Monochrome Twins"


"I love how much they love each other.

I guess that Blik does indeed have a good time in some pictures of him. This being one of them. When a friend of mine suggested putting these two in coordinated "twins" shirts, I just couldn't resist drawing it. I'm very pleased with it! I feel that I did a pretty good job on the proportions and the posing (even if Vera's right arm is a tad stubby), and also on making their smiles look genuinely happy (something that's deceptively hard to do, at least for me). Either Blik has a better sense of humor than we thought or Vera's laughing really hard at her own joke, which isn't too out of character for her, honestly. The black-white color contrast was also fun to play with. It must be neat to have a twin that has colors exactly contrasting to yours. The coordinated costume opportunists are endless."

 - 2017 Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment