Thursday, May 28, 2020

I’m Sick (of Blender)

"So, I’ve been super sick for the last week in the worst minor illness I’ve ever had. As a result, I’ve been both super bored and in constant, ceaseless discomfort. To pass the time, I’ve been attempting to learn how to use Blender (for anyone who’s wondering why I’m having so much trouble with a kitchen appliance, it’s a free 3D modeling / animation software), and the best way that I can describe it is if, in order to learn how to sculpt a clay vase, you first had to learn how to send signals from your brain to your hands to get them to move in proper ways, even if you knew how to make that vase conceptually.

Needless to say, it’s… Frustrating. I could make this out of clay so easily. I just want to stick my fist into the monitor and get the object to do my bidding myself… But I think that’d do more harm than good, really, being that I’d probably be down either a computer or a hand.

It reminds me of learning to use Photoshop Elements all those years ago when I was first starting to get serious about drawing digitally… Learning to use a completely new tool isn’t something that I’ve had to do for a while, and it’s a bit of an unpleasant shock. But I can actually move the camera around without causing Armageddon now, so there’s that."

 - 2018 Brennan


And just recently I adapted an Animal Crossing 3D model to a properly printable STL file! How far I've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment