Sunday, August 16, 2020

Mama's Gun MAP Part

 



These are just... Very fun to make. 

I think it's because they're so short, honestly -- I can make a 30 second, independent project and experiment all I like while not feeling roped into any long-term commitment. Just a nice little way to test stuff out! Very fun. And it was also fun to get to draw some of my favorite aesthetic elements in this one: ominous Victorian architecture, harsh lighting, unnerving animal symbolism, and Sehens. 

...Only three of those are things that I actually like to draw, though. Oh my gosh, the backgrounds in this thing. You see how every shot has a fish-eyed background with no straight lines? That serves two purposes. Firstly, I can write it off as adding to the weird unnatural feeling that I'm going for. But secondly, if my lines are a little out of place because I just flew by the seat of my pants when drawing them, no one notices. But if perfect two-point perspective is off, then everyone notices. 

Either way, I'd say this is my favorite MAP part I've made! Of two, but still. I'd like to do more in the future! As always, I've written more about the project in the video's Youtube description, but for the sake of being redundant, I'm gonna cut it short here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment