Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Bruno is Orange MAP Part


Oooh boy, a lot of firsts with this one! My first MAP part ever, my first time using OpenToonz, my first time uploading a video and then taking it down like two hours later because I noticed a mistake and having to reupload it... Ahhh. Either way, though, this was so extremely fun! I had a blast getting to make this, endless thanks to the MAP host for letting me be a part of it. : )

For those not familiar with MAPs, a MAP (Multi-Animator Project) is an animated video, normally to a song of some kind, made by lots of different people.The host puts out a MAP call, asking people to sign up and volunteer to animate small parts of the song. Then, when everyone's done, they put all the parts all together into one big video and upload it! A super fun thing to get to do, and a great way to get to make very short projects as practice and to experiment with things.

I also got to animate baby-faced Blik and Vera, which is always a fun time. The story is explained more in the video description!

Since this was my first time using OpenToonz (and, oh my gosh, is it better than Movie Maker), and I have a terrible memory, I also wrote up a quick tutorial for how I do some things in OpenToonz! It's very simple and not hugely in-depth, but if you just want to make something simple like this and don't know where to start, I think it can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment