Thursday, May 28, 2020

"Milky Way"


"Man, along with “Fantastic Planet”, I seem to be going on a “surreal 70s-80s animation” kick lately. I recently watched an English translation of “Night on the Galactic Railroad” and… It was super weird. In a good way, though! It did a great job of being serenely surreal, and it had very interesting characters, locations, and themes! It’s a bit slow paced, but I’d recommend it to anyone interested in obscure or surreal animation!

After I watched it, I thought it would be fun to try to capture the mood of the movie in a drawing! I’m pretty happy with it, overall! It’s hard to draw milk in any recognizable fashion, though. Or really any liquid."

 - 2018 Brennan


I'd also recommend "April and the Extraordinary World" (not from that time period, and not quite as weird, but still, I like it) and "Kaiba" (which is definitely weird) if you're looking for some underappreciated animation to consume this lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment