Thursday, May 28, 2020

"Griffin and Aisley"


"I’ve been replaying Pokemon Mystery Dungeon lately (specifically, Explorers of Sky) and, for all the many years that I’ve had this game, this is the first time that I’ve actually gotten all the way to the end of the after-game! Which is why I thought it’d be appropriate to draw my protagonist and her partner: Aisley and Griffin! I must have hundreds of hours in this game across all the saves I’ve had… PMD always has such a special place in my heart. Though newer games like Super PMD and Gates to Infinity are pretty good, the Explorers series will always personally be my favorite.

(Also, I’m running Sing + Dream Eater on Aisley, and it destroyed every single non-ghost type (agh, normalize) in the game right up until enemies started having Non-Sleeper… At which point it sorta became useless. Rest in peace, example of how broken linked moves are – you will be remembered.)"

 - 2018 Brennan


I still dearly miss that combo. It was so good while it lasted. I never had the heart to remove it from her moveset, so I just beat the post-game with effectively two moves on her. Luckily, +7 tackle kind of just... Ruins everything. So I was alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment