Thursday, May 28, 2020

3D Morty


"Hey guys! Check it out! It’s Morty! (Looking less like a flailing air-filled balloon-man, I might add. Though he is pretty full of hot air on a normal day.) Woo, I’m glad to have him done! This is my first model that’s both asymmetrical and posed, which I think turned out pretty well! I stuck to a simpler type of coloring for his texture this time, since I thought it would fit his simpler character design (and also because textures are hard to do and I hate them). I’m not positive yet, but I might have this guy printed by Shapeways, so that I can have a tiny Morty of my very own sitting on my desk and judging my every move.

I’ve still gotta figure out how to render without shadows… Oh, and if anybody’s curious, here’s what his texture looks like:"


Loads of fun, there. Can you pick out which piece is which? Since… I made it, and I honestly still can’t."


"Hey, so, remember that 3D model of Morty I made a while back, where I said I wanted to get him 3D-printed? I did! AND BOY DID HE TURN OUT AMAZING!! I got him printed in color sandstone! Shapeways did such a fantastic job! I have a tiny Morty of my very own, now… This is the coolest thing!

(And yes, those are copious amounts of Thin Mints cookies in the background, if you were at all curious.)"

 - 2018 Brennan


Another combined post! I just figured I'd both pieces of this chronicle into one post.

Sadly, Morty has since broken his fingers off... And we've lost one of them. So he's either getting updated and reprinted or we're going to have to make him a replacement finger out of something. Also, a word to the wise: color sandstone doesn't take super glue that well. Do not release your hold on the extremely tiny, seven millimeter long finger after only ten seconds after you think the glue has cured when in a large shop with a bunch of debris and wood shavings all over the floor (most of which look exactly like said finger).

I speak from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment