Thursday, May 28, 2020

Inktober 2018

 

"I think I might try out doing Inktober this year! No promises that I’ll be doing one every day, but it seems fun, and I’d like to at least give it a try.

What I’ve learned from this exercise is that I really need better pens, considering that the one I have only actually tracks ink about 70% of the time… And that I also need a better camera. And better paper. I think I’m just really unequipped to draw on actual paper in general, honestly."

"We’re done! It’s been a really fun time making all these pen sketches, and it’s honestly really helped me relax and decompress, even if it’s just for a little bit each day. I lagged a bit during the end of the month, and I had to play catch up some of the time, but I managed to get every one of them done before October was out, which I think is a pretty nice achievement! I’ll probably post a compilation post or something of the sort in the coming days.

Have a happy Halloween, and a good November, too!"

 - 2018 Brennan


If you're all curious, I got two drawings into Inktober for 2019 before deciding to move onto something else instead. That something else ended up being an animatic, which I thought was probably better than a series of small drawings, since I've been wanting to make more of them. If inspiration strikes, don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Just for the sake of simplicity, I'm not gonna tag every single character that I have in this mass of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment